New students joining at the start of the course benefit from a 4-week trial period. Students wishing to leave at the end of the trial period will be given a refund of the tuition fees with no further commitment to the course. (See terms and conditions)
Our Year 10 course is intended for students of any ability in maths that want the chance to enter at the higher level G.C.S.E. and target the A*/A grades.
It is designed to give students the thorough grounding in maths that is essential for students to excel at the G.C.S.E.
The course is also written to encourage students to delve deeper into the syllabus, by providing them with challenging work, but by supporting them through those challenges; both after-the-lesson, and outside-of-the-lesson. In this way, we can stretch the student's ability thereby making the G.C.S.E. exam feel easier, but also to smooth the transition to A-level study.
We try to give you as much information as we think you'd need on the website, but without providing an information overload! So, if you have any unanswered questions, then please call us on 0844 840 8500
Students who join us in Year 10 will benefit from a rigorous course the covers the complete G.C.S.E. syllabus; which means they will have developed a strong foundation in maths that both essential for targeting the A*/A grades, and is a platform for A-level study.
- A 2-year full-course written by Dr Deepak Shah and taught by Mrs Menna Haria, covering the entire G.C.S.E. syllabus in great depth, and challenging capable students
- All the main exam boards are catered for
- Worksheets and homeworks are tailor made for each lesson
- Students can stay behind after the lesson for extra help if they need it
- Students are given out-of-lesson support with the homework, so they can always make a proper attempt at it
- Mrs Haria marks the students' homework outside of the lesson, to save valuable lesson time
- Students are set a test each week and are given review work with guidance based on their performance in the test
- Plenty of exam practice - and guidance with the past papers - is given, but only when the student is ready for it!
- Over 98% of the G.C.S.E. students that join us in Year 10 students go on to achieve A*/A grades
Our course and our approach to teaching is highly structured and meticulously organised - and our lesson structure follows in the same vein
Each lesson is 2½-3 hours long, which sounds excessive, but trust us - it works - because the lesson is broken up into manageable chunks of about 40 minutes each; so the students don't get bored, tired or lose concentration
Review of Previous Homework
|The first 40 minutes is spent reviewing the previous homework|
and identifying any resolving difficulties that individual students had with the work
The students are then given a list of the corrections that they need to complete –
mistakes must ALWAYS be rectified…
|Students are tested on the work we learned 3-weeks ago|
that they did the homework on 2-weeks ago,
and that they corrected last-week…
The test will identify any tiny weaknesses in their understanding of that topic
and 3-guided corrections are set for each question they got wrong in the test!
We have a 4-week rolling programme for each topic: Learning, Practising, Correcting and finally Reviewing –
we don’t give them a change to lose that hard earned understanding of a topic!
Learn new topics
|Because we spend lots of time outside of the lesson preparing the lesson notes and examples,|
we can ensure that we teach in a fluid, coherent manner – which speeds up the pace of learning,
meaning that our lessons are delivered at a pace that is exhilarating for the student!
5 minute break!
|At this point, we indulge in a short break, where we pass around a box of chocolates/biscuits/health-bars…|
Only 5-minutes is required to refresh the students and get them ready to concentrate again
Practice the new topic
|Now, we practice plenty of examples.|
I give students who are stuck a little ‘nudge’ to get them going again…
(Any more than a ‘nudge’ isn’t teaching, it’s ‘showing’!)
Time allowed for students
|There is usually a little time left at the end of the lesson,|
for helping students with any individual difficulties
It is not unusual (particularly as the exams near), for me to stay beyond 8 pm
helping students individually!
Our 2-year full G.C.S.E. course has no specific prerequisites - we teach the entire G.C.S.E. syllabus in full (as well as covering the preliminary Key Stage 3 work). We provide our students with all of the course materials, worksheets, tests, revision notes, past exam papers, etc. that they need.
Students will be prepared for the 'Higher Level' exam, which targets students aiming for A*/A/B/C grades (although virtually all our students achieve A*/A)
- Suitable for students that want the chance to achieve the top grades and are willing to work to achieve that...
- All students within a normal ability range are catered for; regardless of how well the student is doing currently in school - we'll make the maths much easier to tackle!
- Students should be willing and able to complete 2/3 hours of homework each week.
Year 10 is the latest time to join Math'scool to get the full benefits of what we offer: That way we can ensure the G.C.S.E. syllabus is taught in full, in depth, and that the student has the right foundation for A-level maths