We will only use the information you give us to contact you about our courses or, for students enrolling on our courses, in order to provide them access to our courses, to provide their parents/guardians with progress reports and to provide transparency about the results achieved by the students on our courses.
We will only gather data that is legitimately required to run our courses and will not pass your personal data to any other party.
For enquirers we will hold onto your data until your child leaves 6th form (so we know information about education and about our courses is no longer wanted), but you can, at any time, ask us to delete it.
For students enrolled onto our courses, we will hold onto data about you for our Alumni, so that you and your fellow ex-students can continue to benefit from our help and from the relationships developed with your fellow Math’scool students. Where requested, we will erase and personal information except where the right to keep it has been consented to, in the interests of transparency.
The categories of information that we process include:
Applicants and parents who enquire about our courses
- Personal identifiers and contact details (such as name and contact details) of parents who request a prospectus or sign up to our newsletter
Parents and students who are enrolled on our courses
- Personal identifiers and contact details (such as name, contact details, school-year, school-attended ) of the parent/student
- Attendance (such as sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons) of the student
- Assessment and attainment (such as weekly test scores, homework grades, practice paper scores, mock exam scores and external exam results) of the student
- Class photos of the students in each year-group
This list is not exhaustive, but any other information we collect will be relevant and appropriate to the educational needs of our students as a whole and to running our classes
Why we collect and use personal information
Our collection of personal information for enquirers is solely to keep them updated on our courses and to provide educational information.
For enrolled students, personal data is gathered for the following purposes:
- To support student learning
- To monitor and report on student attainment progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care of our students in further education to provide benefits of being part of our Alumni
- To assess the quality of our services
- To keep parents updated on their child’s progress
- To enable parents to pay fees promptly and to benefit from the priority status when applying for relatives or friends
- To provide transparency about the performance of our students and statistics about the grades achieved by our students
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing pupil information are:
For the purpose of providing you with information about our courses in accordance with the legal basis of the consent given (on the newsletter subscription form or the prospectus request form) specifically to provide educations information and to keep you updated about our courses and the availability of places (Article 6, section 1(a))
For students that enrol onto our courses:
Data processing is necessary for us to discharge our duties under our contract or for us to assess your application and the application form requires specific consent for us to process your data in order to run our courses (Article 6, section 1(b))
How we collect information about students and their parents
We collect parent/student information via the newsletter request form and via online application form and via specific questions that we ask applicants. Pupil data is essential for the schools’ operational use. Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it requested on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you at the point of collection, whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this.
How we store pupil data
We hold pupil data securely for the set amount of time shown in our data retention schedule.
Who we share pupil information with
As a rule, we do not share your personal data with any third party. However, in special cases, where we feel a student is ‘at risk’ and in need to help from support services, we will seek consent before sharing any personal data.
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to:
access the personal data we hold;
rectify any data that is false or outdated;
erase your data;
restrict processing your personal data
object to processing your data
portability of your data
withdraw consent at any time
- complain to a supervisory authority (the ICO in the UK)
To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact Mrs Haria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: Mrs Menna Haria email@example.com